- I am a member of the National Association of Professional Inspectors and Testers (NAPIT). Through NAPIT I am registered to certify work on all electrical systems, including third party certification (signing off other people’s work if it is demonstrated to be compliant).
- City and Guilds Level 3 Award in Testing and Inspection of Electrical Installations (2391-12).
- City and Guilds Level 3 Award in Requirements for Electrical Installations (2382-18).
- 8 years on the tools installing, testing and inspecting electrical installations.
- 10 years behind a desk practising law (specialising in property matters). LL.B. (Hons) Law. Solicitor (now non-practising).
Public liability insurance £2,000,000. Professional indemnity insurance £500,000.
A little about me
Ten years into a legal career I realised being tied to a desk was not for me, at which point I trained as an electrician.
For the following eight years I gained experience in a wide range of electrical work and now provide a niche service, testing and inspecting electrics. I also advise on electrical compliance matters, which draws on my legal experience.
I have three young children, and when I am not working I enjoy not mountain biking, not hillwalking and not going to the gym.